Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tomb of Dracula #1: Part 2



Here it is, the rest of Issue #1 of "Tomb Of Dracula," Marvel's first foray into true vampire lore since the loosening of the Comics Code. And what a foray it was! Sink your teeth into the exciting conclusion...










Talk about your "good news, bad news" scenario! "I'm not dead... I'm a vampire!"

Later the comic was expanded into a b-monthly magazine, which was a welcome transition. More stories, painted art covers, special fiction and articles... I snapped up every issue I came across. Above is the cover of issue #4, published in 1980.

Well, that stoked an appetite in me to go put on my Hammer Dracula movies, starting with "Horror of Dracula," and watch them all in order for the Halloween season. I recommend you do the same!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great follow up here! Uncanny, how 'Tomb' does take on that Hammer approach. Story and atmosphere alike. Strange you also mentioned the Dracula films marathon as I beat you to it with your first 'Tomb of Dracula' post. Cheers for the read and the Hallowe'en dread. Best