Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Shape Lives

(Click on any images to view monster-size.)




It's interesting how the poster for "Halloween" from Japan seems to interpret Michael Meyers as actually looking like the mask he wears. Perhaps the artist felt it would be more appealing to Japanese movie-goers if his face actually looked like that, and not merely a mask. Or, maybe the artist was working from stills and didn't realise it was supposed to be a simple Halloween mask.

In any event, it makes me think of Homer Simpson for some reason. I can hear him now every time he gets jabbed or shot in the movie: "D'oh! Why, you little..."
Below are some photos of one of the books in my Halloween collection that I made when my daughter was smaller. Now the books will be shared with my three-year-old grandson over the coming years. This one, "Spooky Castle," designed by Nick Denchfield and Steve Cox, is a three-dimensional pop-up book with loads of windows and doors to peer into. The book is designed to be folded back until the front and back covers touch, then tied together. The house is then a full structure that can be viewed from all angles.




Kinda makes you wish you could shrink down to fit inside and go exploring around the house, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I sure would - but I'd make sure someone else went in first. You know, just in case...

Frederick said...

Stephen,

Good point! Another real danger would be getting flattened if someone closed the book! Talk about the walls closing in on you...

Anonymous said...

Any chance you could tell me how tio play the game? We have the book but without instructions.

Freddie's Mum