Friday, August 27, 2010

Young Frankenstein article from 1975

This time we look into Issue #25 of the awesome Castle of Frankenstein magazine, published in June of 1975. I bought this when I was 16 from a tobacco/magazine store, when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale. I can still smell the fragrant pipe tobacco scent of these kinds of stores, and associate it with my magazine treasures that I found there, like this one.

The beautiful wrap-around cover from "The Time Machine" was a sight to behold, and made my fingers almost tremble with excitement as I snatched it from the stand. That movie has always been one of my favorites, and seeing it featured on the cover was too exciting to me. I'll feature the article on the movie soon in a future post over on my other blog "Fantastic Flashbacks;" this time, we're looking at the "Young Frankenstein" article. A classic comedy that honors the movie is it spoofing so well that it really fits in as a sequel to them!
(Click on images to enlarge.)

Great art but innocent Weena is painted just a bit on the slutty side.





2 comments:

Mike Scott said...

"What hump?"

I miss Marty Feldman!

Tom said...

ha ha. I've got to watch that movie again soon.